Long time no see! Welcome to the redesigned site. Take a look around and let me know what you think! I’ll be returning to regularly scheduled posting this week, with posts every Monday and Thursday.
I’ve got some great features in store for these next few months. In the meantime, check out what I’ve been loving around the internet lately.
Planning and Finances
- How to cut back on spending even after contracts are signed.
- If your photographer is a newbie, send them a few helpful tips on how to photograph a Hindu wedding.
- Do it Yourself (DIY) is not for everyone. Be prepared for imperfections.
- Did you hate your wedding?
- Etiquette tips for guests at a mehndi event.
- Are your unique ideas being copied? How to deal with it.
- Things to do after the wedding is over.
- Tips from the Canadian Smart Cookies on how to save money on wedding expenses.
- Women photographers really do have a different eye for things.
- A stunning Indian-inspired styled shoot in this season’s Wedluxe magazine.
Shot by Verve Photo Co via Wedluxe Magazine
Beauty, Fashion and Accessories
- I adore these two sets of earrings by Indian Hanger. They are elegant, classic and perfect for a trousseau.
- Love these floral hairpieces by Blair Nadeau Millinery! They would be lovely with a red or pink Indian wedding dress.
- Gorgeous dresses by designer Tarun Tahiliani.
- Anita Dongre gets some Bollywood help to model her 2012 collection.
- What is “vintage? “ Asian Wedding Ideas shares her thoughts.
- Love the dresses in this Mehndi styled shoot for designer Nilofer Shahid.
- DIY for the flower in your hair.
- This Payal Singhal dress was made for the whimsical bride and her pre-wedding events.
- An old Bollywood style short film for designer Fahad Hussayn.
- Different types of floral jewelry in this styled shoot.
- Creative hair buns via Dreamers Events.
- What do you think of this floral clutch by Alexander McQueen? I want it!
- Little Brown Bride’s analysis of Payal Singhal’s collection for Lakme Fashion Week.
- Dia Mirza is lovely as Pakeezah for Harper’s Bazaar.
- Love this orange cuff by Pucci. It would work perfectly with a sari.
- This Shymal & Bhumika dress is like candy. A gorgeous pre-wedding event option!
- Pretty shoes by Kate Spade and Badgley Mischka.
Real Weddings and Engagements I Love
- Devi and Ryan
- Devki and Eugene
- Ema and Raymond
- Gurveen and Tony
- Iqra and Saad
- Jennifer and Rishi
- Jodie and Sachin
- Kismet and Nitin
- Nabeela and Bijhan
- Southern California Wedding
- Vandana and Anil *tear*