It’s time once again for a social media round-up! This is a compilation of my micro-blogging across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram plus some loveable links. Follow me to stay up to date on events and sale alerts. All photos below are from my Instagram account.
Beauty and Fashion
- Vintage styling ideas for a Sikh bride.
- Jewelry made of gota – very cool.
- Perfect hair, makeup and jewelry styled for the Ohm Magazine cover shoot.
- A lovely DIY fishtail braid for the relaxed bride.
- One alternative styled shoot, two looks. I love both the punk rock hair and the soft curls.
Contests and Giveaways
- I am giving away a pair of tickets for the Civilized Bride Show at 99 Sudbury on November 2, 2012. It is a swanky affair for sophisticated city girls complete with cocktails and a DJ. To enter, simply like Rubies & Ribbon on Facebook and like this photo.
- Does your guy want a different sort of bachelor party? Try a Toronto Argonauts game for him and nine of his friends with the full VIP treatment.
Decor and DIY
- I love love love this ribbon styled shoot!
- Adorable DIY paper pinwheel backdrop.
- DIY pumpkin centrepieces for fall weddings.
- Are detailed weddings over?
- Graffiti art at a mehndi!
- Orange and pink mehndi/sangeet decor ideas.
- Fashion tips for petite women.
- How to style your desk.
- A dollar store DIY doily bowl.
- If this saree was a room: the series!
- Stuck inside on a rainy day? Build a pillow fort.
Photography and Videography
- Super helpful engagement session tips from a photographer.
- If your venue is a banquet hall with no windows, read this before hiring a photographer.
- Other things to consider when booking your photographer: style keywords and personality.
- What to bring to get that perfect hanging dress shot.
- This is why you should not spend all of your money on decor then hire the cheapest photographer possible.
Planning and Dessert
- The Bitchless Bride gives tips on entertaining children at a wedding.
- How to plan a destination Indian wedding.
- Etiquette tips for the Indian wedding guest.
- A gorgeous lavender dessert table by Amy Atlas.
Real Weddings I Love
- Adeeba and Umar
- Amara and Saif
- Bex and Piyush
- Rabia and Abir
- Radhika and Nick (1), (2), (3), (4), (5)
- Seema and Joe
- Shreya and Jay
- Sumana and Adam
Older social media round-up posts can be found here. Cheers!