Hello hello and happy Monday! How did your weekend go? I caught up with some friends from university, ate here, here and here, and worked overtime on the blog. I have some great planning advice and real wedding posts coming up this summer. I’m excited to share them! In the meantime, here is some link love for you. Find these in real time by following me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
Planning and Details
- Will you tell your guests to put their cameras down?
- Selecting your wedding venue.
- How not to negotiate with wedding vendors.
- Can you tell the difference between film and digital wedding photos?
- Beware of these seven wedding sparkler mistakes.
- Send this advice to your wedding guests.
- Letting go of grudges from your engagement period.
- You don’t need a proposal service (really).
- Post-wedding depression – what no one tells you.
- When Pakistani familial pressures damage a relationship.
- Your future grandchildren will want to see your wedding photos too.
Decor and DIY
- A stunning maroon and champagne wedding inspiration board.
- This Florida wedding’s decor is oh so sweet!
- Adoring these orange and yellow balloons for a pre-wedding henna party.
- Kate Spade wedding inspiration by Jasmine Star.
- A DIY wedding scrap quilt.
- Really cute DIY carnation escort card display.
- Why DIY isn’t for everyone.
- A Princess Jasmine-inspired bohemian styled shoot. Loving the hair accessories:
Bridal Beauty and Style
- Loving these delicate hair crowns for brides.
- This fashion-forward gown would be perfect for the boho South Asian bride.
- A glamorous “getting ready” session.
- A statement naath and dramatic makeup worn on Sonam Kapoor at Cannes.
- I also loved Sonam’s Dolce and Gabbana gown!
- Zaheer Abbas’ latest collection is dramatic and elegant.
- Beautiful kundan earrings and headpiece in this styled shoot.
- Gorgeous summer saris by Sabyasachi.
- Glam looks in this Great Gatsby styled shoot.
- Dude. You don’t need plastic surgery for your wedding.
Real Weddings and Engagements I Love:
- Afeefa and Yassin
- Aleeza and Colin
- Hasin and Ritchie
- Henna and Omar
- Jenica and Josh
- Neetu and Abishek (1) and (2)
- Sunitha and Christopher
- Sunny and Phil
- Tina and Sunil
- Urmi and Priyanka: two sisters got married on the same day!
- Fans of Broken Social Scene, check out this exhibit in Toronto.
- Another reason to love Ryan Gosling.
- Are you breast cancer aware?
- I’m obsessed with the new Daft Punk album.
- A feminist perspective on violence against Indian women.
- These baby selfies made me smile.
- Recipe for hazelnut truffles… nom!
- When an inquisitive toddler becomes a vegetarian.
- An ethereal bathtub and blooms boudoir:
Blogging and Small Business
- Why I don’t work for free. But what if your friends ask you?
- Absolutely fantabulous social media and online etiquette tips.
- Dealing with blogging copycats and inspiration vs. imitation.
- Creating sustainability in photography.
- Vendor tips: what you need to survive in the wedding industry.
- In blogging, consistency is key.
Have a wonderful week! All older social media round-ups can be found here.