Rubies & Ribbon supports brides through their journey of planning a realistic yet stylish South Asian wedding. We would love to share your love story with our global audience!
Two Options for Submission
1. By E-mail
Please send a message to info[at]RubiesAndRibbon[dot]com with
- 30-50 high-resolution files per event. Include a link to DropBox or YouSendIt.
- Information on all relevant vendors.
2. Through Two Bright Lights
What We Look For
Accepted submissions fall into at least one of the following categories.
1. Stylish: Quirky and fun decor, or a uniquely stylish bride.
2. Smart: Couples have taken a thoughtful and personalized approach to all aspects of their wedding planning and execution. Decor is interesting, cost-effective, and may include Do It Yourself (DIY) projects.
3. Memorable: Photos are clear, artistic, and have a personality. Emotional moments between the couple and their families are a must.
We prefer elegant, whimsical, and meaningful details that combine “Eastern” and “Western” wedding ideas. We will not feature opulent weddings, over the top details, or live animals being used for transportation or entertainment - those are pretty, but just not our style. Quality is preferred over quantity.
Preference will go to real weddings and engagements of Canadian couples but everyone is encouraged to apply.
Photographers: Rubies & Ribbon is now an exclusive blog. We like to provide fresh and unique content, so please do not submit to any other South Asian wedding publication after being published here. (You must inform us if the photos have already been published.) We will not accept weddings, engagements or styled shoots that have been fully debuted on Facebook or Tumblr prior to appearing on Rubies & Ribbon. We also request that you give Rubies & Ribbon exclusivity on Facebook for three months after your feature is published.
Brides: please remember to obtain permission from your photographer prior to submitting.
Please respect our right to choose weddings and vendors which best fit the style of the blog. Looking forward to hearing from you!